Saturday, April 4, 2009

Finally Spring

I really think Spring has arrived. There are buds on the trees and I am excited to see some buds on my hydrangea bushes in the front of the house. They looked so nice last year. I bought the 2 bushes at the same time, but for some reason one of them didn't want to grow. Its been about 3 years and the little one, which I call the baby, is finally starting to grow.

There are a few days, during the start of Spring, when you look into a wooded area and see a slight green haze. That is one of my favorite things to see. I think next year I am going to try to get some photos but for some reason I don't think that I will be able to capture it.

I participate in a recipe swap at a local scrapbook store, Scrappers Cove. Every month is a different theme. We make 6x6 scrapbook pages with the recipe on it and when we meet we bring the finished dish as well as the copies of the recipe pages for everyone. We have a lot of fun seeing the great ideas people come up with. We meet on the first Friday of the month. This month we used Spring as the theme and made dishes that were light (not diet type light). I made my White Chocolate Easter Cake and it was a hit. Here's a pic of my swap.

1 comment:

Dani said...

what a great idea for a swap I wish I lived closer so I could play too! That cake sound DELICIOUS!!